COOKBOOK: Cheesy Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes (vegan + kid friendly)
Gooey melty cheese is delicious. Soft, smoky, roasted potatoes are delicious. Together, they’re amazing.
But when that dish is vegan, it’s a freaking party.
wow, just reading about you being harassed made me mad >:( i hope it doesn't happen to you again!
I’m honoured that you care so much about me! And me too - I’m just looking on the bright side right now haha. At least they didn’t get out of their car or throw something, and it hasn’t happened since :)
1k+ followers!!! + COOKBOOK: The Perfect Iced Tea Latte (vegan)
Holy crap where did y’all come from??? In any case, if you’d like an easier way to have access to my recipes, you can click here to subscribe by e-mail, or in the sidebar :)
Summer heat calls for iced everything.
So you can imagine my excitement when I finally concocted the perfect iced tea latte.
COOKBOOK: The Detoxifying Ice Cream (vegan + no sugar added)
This ice cream has detoxifying properties.
Don’t believe me? Well you should, because I don’t joke about this kind of stuff.
hi! im about to make that pumpkin oatmeal right away, but before i do, i checked out your instagram, and do you think you could do a quick recipe for the banana ice cream (all of them look so good!!), and the almond milk matcha latte?
Yes, sure thing! These are quite simple recipes :) And let me know how the oatmeal turns out! (For the banana ice cream, I just did the recipe for my usual: banana mango pumpkin ice cream.)
The recipes are below the break :) And please excuse the low-quality Instagram photos! Haha
950+ followers?! + COOKBOOK: Fluffy & Filling Pumpkin Pie Oats (vegetarian + no sugar added)
The fact that the number of followers is creeping closer and closer to 1000 is really quite overwhelming…
Get ready for the biggest, baddest bowl of oats you’ve ever had.
Oh, and did I mention it’s a great source of protein too? Yeah, I’m smart like that.
yo! since you asked for some recipe ideas.. do you think you could do some more things with pumpkin? whenever i do your overnight oatmeal recipe i end up having a lot more pumpkin left over and i cant find anything to do with it!
What a coincidence - I actually had a pumpkin recipe planned to be posted today, plus another one I photographed yesterday! And I totally get that, I’m always at a loss with leftover pumpkin, so I just end up making snacks with it :) I wrote down some snack ideas below, and then listed all of the pumpkin recipes I have currently published. Thanks for the message! :)
- Pumpkin Pie Cottage Cheese: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp date paste OR 1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener, 1/4-1/3 cup pumpkin, Optional: 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, 1 tbsp almond butter (I usually eat this at night, or use it as filling for sweet omelettes, like this: http://instagram.com/p/puOknfmV0z/?modal=true)
- Tropical Pumpkin Greek Yogurt: 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1 tsp coconut shreds, 1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla Optional: 1 tbsp date paste OR 1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener
- Pumpkin Mug Cake: 1/4 cup AP flour (whole wheat AP works), 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp pumpkin, 3 1/2 tbsp milk of choice, 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, sugar to taste (I recommend 1-3 tsp) - in a mug: mix dry, then add wet ingredients, mix well (make sure to scrape flour off of bottom of mug), microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until top is no longer sticky (Here’s a pic of one I made topped with peanut butter and blackberries: http://instagram.com/p/ra8NFDmV0Y/?modal=true)
- Pumpkin Pie “Milkshake”: 1/2 a large banana (frozen), 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt OR soy or coconut yogurt, 1/3 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup milk of choice, 1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, Optional: 1 tbsp date paste OR 1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener, 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter (Here’s a pic: http://instagram.com/p/n0pZfrGVz3/?modal=true)
- It also works great for added creaminess in banana ice cream! (Pic: http://instagram.com/p/pUmE4zmV7b/?modal=true)
Current Pumpkin Recipes:
Entertaining Life Update + Blogkeeping: My Kitchen is Depressed
This is not a recipe, or a fitness post.
It’s a complaining post. But a funny one, with a nice ending.
Funny for you. Not so much for me.
And if you really don’t care much for my humour (can’t blame you), then just please read the important announcements listed below and go on with your day! If you’d like to get some insight into the life of the crazy person that runs this blog, read the announcements below, then click the “Read More.” :)
- Just a reminder: I have an e-mail subscription option for my blog that will notify you of all new posts - recipes, fitness, answering questions, etc. Click here, or in my sidebar, to subscribe!
Question: Would you like to see me post my meals on here? I would do it on a weekly basis, but when school starts I would probably just choose to feature one week out of the month. Otherwise, would you like me to post a different weekly meal plans once a month? If you’d like to see the kind of meals I would post, check out my Instagram!
Reminder: I do have a Pinterest account, where I put up all of my recipes, and pin anything helpful and reliable that’s fitness and health related! I would love your support for my recipes on there, or just some new boards to explore, so the link is in my sidebar, or click here.
Reminder: I also have Instagram! There, I occasionally feature the recipes you see on my blog, plus other meal ideas/recipes. I also have photos about my workout routine, travel, and other personal things on there, so click the link in my sidebar, or click here!
Update: I’m going to Orlando! AHHHH! I love Florida, it’s my favourite place ever, and I’m so thrilled to be visiting Orlando and Kissimmee again, especially with the new Harry Potter park now open. I’m leaving the night of August 22 (ironically our 10th anniversary in Canada), and will be getting back August 30. The plan is to run it like when I was in Calgary - have recipes queued, and check in once in a while :)
Okay, onto the life update!
900+ followers + COOKBOOK: Spicy Broiled Peaches with Maple Cinnamon “Cream” (vegan/paleo options)
AHHH! There’s over 900 of you!! Where am I going to put you all…? Meh, I’ll figure it out, so meanwhile…
This is the easiest and tastiest snack you will ever make.
Or is it a dessert?
COOKBOOK: PB&J Coconut Green Smoothie (vegan + no sugar added)
Sometimes, I’m just a genius.
I mean, look at that baby.